Students will no longer have to pay airport terminal fee starting August 1, 2019, and refunds will be available for those who already purchased within a year.
Dubbed as Malasakit ‘free terminal fee’, student passengers may avail of this initiative at all airports owned and operated by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).
In a memorandum signed by Director General Jim Sydiongco, CAAP stipulated the waiving of terminal fees for students actively enrolled in preschool to college, including in trade/arts/technical/vocational schools and training centers.
Qualified students who will avail of the exemption shall apply for a student exemption certificate at Malasakit Help Desks located in airports.
These Malasakit Help Desks at CAAP-operated airports shall serve as refund counters airline tickets purchased at point of sale or online, until such time the airlines are able to facilitate the exemption in their booking system.
How to refund terminal fee
Here’s the procedure for refund of terminal fee integrated in the airline tickets:
1. Proceed to the airport Malasakit Help Desk.
2. Fill out the Student Exemption Certificate form. Bring proof of active enrollment such as valid student ID or current School Registration Card.
3. Submit to CAAP Representative: Certificate of Exemption, Boarding Pass, Ticket Itinerary Receipt
4. Authorized representative will verify the submitted documents.
5. CAAP will release payment for refund.
6. Exempted student should sign receipt of payment.